For children attending full-time Infant and Junior Schools
Have peace of mind while our staff look after your child/children in a friendly, safe, informative and fun setting. We offer a varied range of activities, including crafts, sports, games and books. A quiet area is provided for study or homework. The programme is flexible taking into account developmental needs of the individual child. The club is registered and inspected by Ofsted. All staff are DBS checked and fully trained, making it ideal for working parents.
Brookfield Community School Brook Lane,
Tel: 01489 576335
After-School Club: frequently-asked questions
Please find below answers to the questions we are most frequently asked about the Club. We hope you find the information useful. Should you have any further questions, our Club Manager will be pleased to help you.
- When is the Club open?
The Club is open from 3.00pm to 6.15pm each weekday.
- What is the charge?
For first 2 hours and for every 15 minutes thereafter, £9.30, including food.
- Is the Club open during the holidays?
Not at present
- How do I pay?
Payment terms are monthly in advance (you will receive an invoice).
ALL INVOICES MUST BE PAID PROMPTLY, FAILURE TO DO SO MAY LEAD TO THE WITHDRAWL OF YOUR CHILD’S PLACE.
- Do you accept special needs children?
Parents of special needs children are welcome to come and discuss their needs with us. We do have an Equal Opportunities Policy and implement it to the best of our ability.
- Do you provide food?
Yes, this is included in the fees. A choice is provided from cereal, sandwiches, cheese and biscuits, yoghurts, fruit etc., the children help themselves, under supervision. Special diets can be accommodated if necessary. If your child has any allergies please mention this. Your child may also bring a snack if preferred.
- Where is the Club held?
Brookfield Community School.
- Do you open during INSET days?
As not all of our local schools have the same INSET days, we are unable to help during these times at present. We will, of course, be open during our normal after school times on these days.
- What happens if my child is ill?
We are unable to provide care for children who are ill. We ask that if your child is unable to attend school please do not send them to the After School Club.
- What if my child is unable to come to the Club?
Please contact us as soon as possible, 0n 01489 576335 or Text: 07979046434 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org, preferably the night before or first thing in the morning, especially if we pick up your child from school.
- Will I have to pay if my child can't come to the Club?
Yes. If your child can’t come at short notice you will have to pay, but you can have up to two calendar weeks off during term time each year (September to July). We do, however, require two weeks’ notice in writing.
- What notice is required for permanent changes of times and/or attendance?
Two weeks' notice is required for any permanent change.
- What happens if my child is absent/ill for a long period of time?
Please talk to us if your child will be away for a long period. If you wish to retain your child’s place 50% of the normal fee will act as a retainer.
- Is it possible for my child to visit the Club before he/she starts?
We welcome visits, but ask you to come in after 4.00pm any day of the week.
- Do you have a policy on behaviour?
Yes. The children and staff together have drawn up a behaviour policy. This was then shared at a Parent’s Forum when parents were asked to contribute. The results were agreed to be the rules for the Club.
- Do you have an admissions policy?
Yes. When places are limited children will be admitted in the following order of preference.
2. Children who will attend 5 days a week
- How do I register my child?
1. Contact ASC leader to arrange a visit.
2. Complete a registration form which will confirm a place for your child on a waiting list (to include a £20.00 booking fee).
3. Once a vacancy becomes available you will be contacted by the ASC leader.
- What happens if I collect my child late?
1. Regular late collection, there will be a charge, we will talk to you first to resolve any problems or collection times
2. We will stay with your child/ren until you arrive, all we ask is that you keep in contact, delays happen and we understand.
- NOTE: Transport costs - £1.00 per registered day from Park Gate, Hook with Warsash, Whiteley and Locks Heath Infant/Junior School regardless of attendance.