Secure excellent outcomes for all Brookfield students by being an expert day-to-day practitioner:
- Developing and sustaining outstanding teaching
- Using coaching to become skilled in self-reflection
- Embedding a commitment to CPD
- Becoming a resilient practitioner
- The provision of personalised support and guidance
- Participation in Brookfield’s In-Service Training (INSET) programme, including regular department development (subject-specific) sessions
- Membership of a teacher Focus Group of your choice (coaching groups with a focus on developing key areas of professional practise)
- Participation in our teacher Appraisal process, including regular meetings with your Appraiser
- Opportunities to attend Brookfield’s Optional INSET programme of work-shops
- Attendance to Brookfield’s fortnightly morning Learning & Teaching briefings (L&T and SEN) - and the opportunity to lead one.
- Access to our Brookfield Sharing Practice (BSP) site
- Bespoke 1:1 support available from our Leading Practitioners
"It would be easy to become jaded or complacent about my teaching after twenty plus years, but working at Brookfield has ensured that this doesn't happen. In just the last few years, I feel my teaching (that I already thought was pretty good) has gone from strength to strength as a direct result of the focus the school puts on improving knowledge and skills and keeping up to date with current teaching methodologies. In addition, the Focus group work has engaged me in researching what I'm doing, trying things out and evaluating with colleagues on a really professional basis. Over the last few years, I have delivered several INSET and T+L Briefing sessions as well as Mentoring PGCE, SchoolsDirect and SCITT trainees: it is a real benefit to share my experience with others starting out, as well as continually learning from their fresh ideas."