E-Safety, Internet & its Uses and Spreadsheets
What is the task?
- Describe the main issues with e-safety
- Be able to describe how spreadsheets can be used
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of spreadsheets
- Be able to note different sources when researching
- Know how the Internet works and what it can be used for
Key Words & Definitions:
- Personal Data
- Physical Data
- Desktop Publisher
If you need help with understanding these terms, look at the attached...
Produce study materials for the Year 7 Computer Studies Summer exam.
Practise flip learning and testing which is researching a topic before it is taught in class.
What we are looking for:
You must complete all the Theory Sections before you complete the quizzes.
You must then produce a REVISION RESOURCE for each Theory Section either by hand or on the computer.
All work must be in your own words not just copied and pasted.
In total 2 Revision Resources should be handed in:
- E-Safety Theory
- Internet and Its Uses
There is 1 Quiz to be completed:
- E-Safety Quiz
Your results will be sent directly to your Computer Studies teacher.
Any issues please see your class teacher for help BEFORE the deadline.
How to Complete the Task:
You will need access to the Internet
If you do not have access to the Internet speak to your Computer Studies teacher for an alternative version.
There are 2 Tasks you must complete:
Task 1: E-Safety and Using the Internet
You must produce a Revision Resource such as a mind map, flash cards or notes in your own words
Remember the purpose of the Revision Resource you create is to support you in preparing for your Year 7 Summer Computer Studies Exam
There is a second theory section called The Internet & Its Uses to also complete and create another revision resource
This theory section is to help you understand the many ways you can use the Internet
To test the Resources you make you must them attempt the following quizzes:
The results of each quiz is also sent electronically to your Computer Studies teacher
- During the Autumn term you will be learning about E-Safety in lessons
- Read through the section called
- When you click submit for each quiz
- You have the option to view your scores
- Look through your responses, to see those which were correct
- Look at the questions you got wrong, you may need to study more theory to become more confident
Task 2 - Reflection
- Now you need to reflect upon how well you have done in this ELA
- Think about:
- Did I create an effective revision resource?
- Did my revision resources help me prepare for the quizzes?
- Will my revision resources help me in the summer term when I am revising for my Year 7 Computer Studies exam?
- What do I need to do to improve the resources?
- Your Review and Reflection must be written either by hand or using a computer and handed in with your Revision Resources.
If you experience any problems or have any questions regarding the Computer Studies ELA please speak to your Computer Studies teacher. Alternatively, you can contact Mr Mawers in M4 or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you need paper copies of the ELA please see Mr Mawers in M4 immediately.
Outstanding Home Learning may include:
Detailed Revision Resources on all the Topics that can then be used by another person for Computer Studies revision.
They must be written in your own words.
All tasks must be completed and you must achieve high quiz scores.
Your Revision Resource must be well presented and clearly cover all the topics stated in each task.
Here are examples of flash cards and mind maps to help give you some ideas of how you could create your own.