Year 11 Exam Revision Materials
Hospitality and Catering
2018 Mock Revision List for Hospitality and Catering L1 / 2
- Types of establishments – commercial, non-commercial, residential, non-residential.
- Types of service – e.g. silver service, family service, counter service, fast food, cafeteria etc.
- Specialist equipment – e.g bratt pans, floor-standing mixers, walk-in freezers, deep fat fryer, microwave, steamer, potato rumbler etc.
- Contracts of employment – e.g. full-time, part-time, casual, zero hours etc.
- Factors affecting the success of the Hospitality and Catering Industry – both positive and negative.
- Use of technology in the Hospitality and Catering Industry – social media to advertise your establishment, online booking service, handheld payment devises, Epos (Extended point of sale system), touch screen computers to book in etc.
- Health and safety in the Hospitality and Catering Industry – personal safety, COSHH, RIDDOR, HASAWA etc.
- Food poisonings – types of bacteria and symptoms.
- Types of accommodation – e.g. YHA, 5 *, air b&b
- The Environmental Health Officer (EHO)